What is VASER?
VASER is an advanced body contouring, surgical procedure that selectively removes unwanted body fat. An alternative to the harsh techniques of traditional liposuction, VASERlipo uses ultrasound technology designed to gently reshape your body. Learn more about VASER science.
What to expect on the day of the procedure
The VASER procedure can be performed in a hospital, or an outpatient surgery centre, while you are awake or under general anesthesia.
You may experience the following:
- Depending on the area(s) being treated, the procedure can take as little as one hour or up to several hours
- Small incisions are made in the procedure area
- A saline solution is inserted into the area prior to the procedure
- During the procedure, ultrasound energy is used to treat unwanted fat cells
- The treated fat is removed
- After surgery, patients are prescribed a recovery regimen to maximum results and help speed recovery
Is there a recovery period?
After a VASER procedure, patients wear special compression garments to help skin contract smoothly to the body’s new contours. A short period of rest (typically 12 hours) is recommended, followed by two to three weeks of general recovery when strenuous activities should be avoided.
When will results be visible?
Results are immediately noticeable after the VASER procedure and will continue to improve as the body heals. Final results are typically seen in about three to four months. Visit Realself.com for photos and reviews from people who have experienced the VASER treatment
Can multiple areas be treated at once?
Yes, VASER allows physicians to treat multiple body areas at one time, in one procedure. Discuss your desired outcome with your VASER provider.